Road Justice campaigner training - 2014
CTC is going to hold campaigner training days in nine cities across the UK during 2014 to equip campaigners with the skills and resources to campaign effectively on both the Road Justice and Space for Cycling campaigns.
The workshops will cover general campaigning skills and then split into parallel sessions on CTC’s Road Justice and Space for Cycling campaigns.
Training workshops will cover:
General campaign skills:
– Gaining press coverage
– Using social media (Facebook and Twitter)
– Understanding and influencing local decision makers (Councils)
– Running effective campaigns groups
– Understanding the legal framework
– Working with the police
– Following and attending court cases
Space for Cycling:
– Protected space and priority junctions
– Reducing traffic volumes and speeds
– Understanding and influencing your local authority
Campaigners will be given a campaigners’ resource pack including a template press release, promotional materials for both campaigns, and copies of the Road Justice campaign reports.
Training has already been held in Birmingham, Sheffield, Newcastle, Manchester, Llandudno and London.
Locations and dates for the next campaigner training days are:
Glasgow – tbc
If you are interested in attending training and want to be kept informed of dates, please sign up to become a Road Justice campaigner.